JEE Main Counselling 2020 | The procedure of Academic Admissions in the nation-wide, reputed Engineering colleges is done through the JEE Main and JEE Advanced Examinations. Once over with the examination, the last and most important step to get the admission is to appear for JEE Main Counselling. You must know all the important details of who can appear in the counselling, or how to appear in the counselling, along with the complete transparent procedure of JEE Main 2020 Counselling. The JEE Main Counselling official website is jeemain.nta.nic.in. In this article, we have focused all about JEE Main Counselling Registration and JEE Main Counselling Procedure; Read along.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
As per the latest news, IITs & NITs are likely to hold 6 counselling rounds
- 1 Important Details of JEE Main Counselling 2020
- 2 JEE Main Counselling Date 2020
- 3 Defining JEE Main Counselling 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- 4 JEE Main Counselling 2020 – Stepwise Procedure
- 5 JEE Main Counselling Registration 2020 @ jeemain.nic.in
- 6 Choice Filling & Locking for JEE Main Counselling 2020
- 7 JoSAA 2020 Seat Allotment and Rank List
- 8 Allotment Letter Download for JEE Main Counselling
- 9 JEE Main Counselling 2020 Fee Structure
- 10 Reporting at Centres for JEE Main Counselling
- 11 Confirmation of the Admissions
- 12 List of Documents for JEE Main Counselling 2020
Important Details of JEE Main Counselling 2020
National Testing Agency the conducting body of the JEE Main 2020 examination, but the counselling process is carried out by Joint Seat Allocation Authority. JoSAA is the main organization that will conduct the JoSAA Counselling 2020 and counsels the candidates for their admissions in National Institute of Technology, Indian Institutes of Information Technology, and Government Funded Technical Institutes. Let us see the important details of the JEE Main 2020 Counselling.
|Conducting Body||Joint Seat Allocation Authority|
|Year of the Process||JoSAA 2020|
|Name of the Process||JEE Main Counselling 2020|
|Purposes||IITs & NITs, GFTIs, IIITs Academic Admission|
|Process Steps||Registration, Choice Locking, Seat Allotment, Acceptance Fee Payment, Admission Confirmation|
JEE Main Counselling Date 2020
Following are the event schedule for the JEE Main 2020 Counselling Date. Keep the JEE Main Counselling Dates 2020 in mind and visit this page regularly.
Defining JEE Main Counselling 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Once the JEE Main Result 2020 is declared on NTA’s official website, the candidates can visit the JoSAA official website and register themselves. But, before that, you must know if you are eligible for registering in JoSAA for JEE Main Counselling Procedure.
The candidates who will appear in the JEE Main 2020 will be able to register themselves for the JoSAA Counselling 2020. If the candidate fails to clear the examination, they will not be able to register for the Counselling process. JEE Main Counselling 2020 is conducted for the admissions in NITs, IIITs, and GFTIs only. Only the candidates who have appeared and cleared JEE Advanced are able to apply for the Indian Institute of Technology.
JEE Main Counselling 2020 – Stepwise Procedure
The process of JEE Main 2020 Counselling will be conducted by the Joint Seat Allocation Authority. The process would include Registration, Choice Filling & Choice Locking, and then finally JoSAA announces the Opening and Closing Ranks and then candidates report at the Reporting centres.
Check the steps for JEE Main 2020 counselling process:
- Registration Process for the JEE Main Counselling.
- Counselling Registration Form Filling process.
- JoSAA Choice FIlling process for the selection of the college.
- Choice Modification and Choice Locking for JEE Main 2020 Counselling.
- Rank List Announcement and Seat Allotment for the candidates.
- JEE Main Counselling Allotment Letter Download.
- JEE Main Reporting centre – Reporting for Document Verification.
- Confirmation of the Admission and Fee Payment to freeze the selection.
JEE Main Counselling Registration 2020 @ jeemain.nic.in
The main purpose of appearing in the examination of JEE Main is to obtain seats in the prestigious colleges of India. The candidates who appear in the examinations and score the Top Ranks will be eligible for the JEE Main Counselling 2020 Registration. Joint Seat Allocation Authority will register the candidates first and then release the Opening and Closing Ranks for the Admissions purposes. The candidates would be provided with the Candidate’s Login Portal and the link to registration here on the page ( at the time of the event). The candidates can use their JEE Main 2020 Login to Register. Follow the steps given below to register.
- Click on the link provided in the article.
- Log in using your JEE Main Login Credentials.
- Fill in your Personal Details like Name, Date of Birth, and other important entries.
- Submit your JEE Main 2020 Scores.
- Enter your Rank.
- Submit your Phone Number, Registered Email ID if required.
- Submit the choices of Institutes based on the program you wish to apply for.
- Verify the details and submit.
- Take a print if need be.
Choice Filling & Locking for JEE Main Counselling 2020
Candidates who register themselves for the JoSAA Counselling 2020 have to submit a minimum of 4 choices of the Colleges. These institutes would be considered for the admissions once the Opening and Closing Ranks for the admissions is decided. Once the last date is reached the last saved changes in the form will be locked and the candidate will be eligible for counselling in the saved colleges only.
- Visit the Official website – josaa.nic.in
- Check the choices you have filled in.
- Arrange the list of 4 choices in accordance to your preferences.
- The first choice being the best college the candidate prefers to take admission in.
- Once done, the candidate should lock in their choices.
- The candidates can change their choices before locking it in multiple times till the last date of JoSAA Registration.
- If the candidate does not lock the preference, the last saved choice on the last date of Registration will be locked in automatically.
JoSAA 2020 Seat Allotment and Rank List
Seats in the mentioned institutes will be allotted to the registered candidates only on the basis of their ranks, preferences, and availability of seats in the college. The result of seat allotment will be published online also, the candidates would receive the Email from JoSAA regarding their Seat Allotments. The candidates can check their Rank Lists and appear for the JoSAA Counselling 2020. In total, seven rounds of JEE Main counselling and seat allotment will be conducted by the authorities. The candidates would then have to visit the JEE Main Counselling official website and Download their Allotment Letter.
Allotment Letter Download for JEE Main Counselling
Candidates can access the allotment letter for the process of JEE Main 2020 Counselling @ official website of the Joint Seat Allotment Authority only. The candidates can visit the official website of JoSAA and submit their JEE Main Login credentials to access the website. Download the Allotment Letter for the JoSAA Counselling Process. Details about the Reporting centre and the Counselling Process Instructions along with the candidate’s details would be mentioned on the Allotment Letter.
JEE Main Counselling 2020 Fee Structure
For confirming the seats through the JEE Main Counselling process the candidate is required to pay JoSAA Counselling fee to save their seats in the allotted colleges. The payment of the seat acceptance fee has to be done by the candidates during they confirm their admissions at the reporting centre. The e-challan has to be downloaded and the candidates will have to pay Rs. 35,000 (General candidates) and Rs. 15,000 (SC/ST/Gen-PwD/OBC-NCL-PwD/SC-PwD or ST-PwD). Payment can also be done through SBI Net Banking for the process of Seat Acceptance.
Reporting at Centres for JEE Main Counselling
On their Allotment Letters, the candidate can check the Corresponding Reporting centre and its address. The candidates must report at the Jee Main 2020 Reporting centre for Document Verification. All the original documents and their photocopies are a must to report with at the Reporting centres. The candidates must report them in the specified date and specified centres. If the candidate fails to report at the specified corresponding reporting centres, their admissions would be canceled.
Confirmation of the Admissions
Once the seat gets confirmed by the reporting centre, candidates have to report to the allotted college or institution. Students have to bring the documents and admission fees as prescribed by the allotted college. The e-challan through which the candidate submitted the Seat Acceptance must be submitted for the confirmation of the admissions. The candidates are required to keep following the page, we will provide you with the latest update as soon as they are released on the Official Website of the Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) 2020.
List of Documents for JEE Main Counselling 2020
Candidates need the following documents for the JEE Main 2020 Counselling Procedure.
- Three Recent Passport Size Photographs identical to Registration
- Provisional Seat Allotment Letter
- Candidate Undertaking
- Proof of Fee Payment by e-challan or Internet Banking of SBI for Seat Acceptance (Rs. 15, 000 for SC/ST/PwD candidates and Rs. 35,000 for others)
- JEE Main Score Card
- JEE Main Admit Card
- 10th Standard Mark Sheet or Date of Birth Proof
- 12th Standard (or equivalent) Mark Sheet and Pass Certificate
- Photo Identity Card
- Medical Certificate
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
- OCI Certificate or PIO Card (if applicable)
- Print out of Filled Choices for Seat Allotment
In case you have any more queries or doubts, then ask us in the comment section below.